Job Description: Project Assistant (E005/03/2022)
- Terms: Full Time
- Commencement: Immediately upon contract signing
- Duty station: Nairobi /Meru County
- Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
- Salary: Confidential
The officer will implement the project planning and arrangements in accordance to The Donor procurement regulations and guidelines for the Project. To assist the Project Manager, Project accountant, Finance management specialist and Project Coordinator and all field staff (Engineers and support team in issues on the implementation of the Project.
To coordinate, supervise and assist in managing the project activities with stakeholders, Project staff and the community people to ensure there is smooth implementation of the project within the given timelines.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in the Project Management/Administration including human resource management.
- Support coordination of activities between office and field team.
- Support in Project activities including recruitment, communication, and orientation.
- Coordinate with external vendors, schedule appointments and Oversee vendor performance to ensure timelines and quality.
- Coordinate travel logistics, meetings and prepare documents and monitor activities progress.
- Coordinate with Project implementation team to ensure all reports are prepared according to the schedule.
- Coordinate meetings and workshops/trainings for office and field teams to ensure all parties execute their responsibilities accordingly.
- Ensure successful implementation; ensuring the project is implemented within the Work plan and budget lines and report the work progress time to time.
DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The consultant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate degree in Business administration, entrepreneurship or and other related field;
- Should have at least 10 years’ work experience in support of Community infrastructure projects.
- Should have work experience in implementation of labour intensive projects in road sector using Do nou technology.
- Experience in organizing workshops, meetings and delegation visits by providing secretariat in meetings and distributing minutes for all meetings of project.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings and developing Project strategies.
- Experience in managing of Projects with high level multi – stakeholders engagement.
- Recording minutes of meetings for all Project meetings.
- Strong analytical and writing skills and track record in producing relevant training, communication and knowledge materials.
- Ensure there is smooth Project coordination from stakeholders, office, field and community members which are in touch with project.
- In charge of Project documentation.
- Support Project Manager to ensure milestones are achieved as indicated as per work plans by technical staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in organizing and facilitating consultations and workshops;