Job Description: Project Accountant (E003/03/2022)
- Terms: Full Time
- Commencement: Immediately upon contract signing
- Duty station: Meru County
- Application Deadline: 5th July 2022
- Salary: Confidential
The Project Accountant will be responsible for day to day financial transactions of the Project, under the direction of the Project Manager, in close liaison with the Project implementation team. These duties shall be conducted in accordance with the Donor procedures and the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) in Financial Management section, including ensuring the required expenditure deadlines are kept in accordance with Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWPB).
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the Finance Management Specialist to oversee the establishment and proper maintenance of the finance and accounts in accordance with the financial rules and procedures of CORE and the Donor.
- Prepare, implement and review the funding of the budget and actual annual cash flows and ensure adequate follow up on any matters needing clarification.
- Work with Project Implementation Team and report to the Project Manager to ensure Project information is relayed in a timely manner.
- Verify all figures on the Project materials and equipment Status and complete Project Accounting section on a frequent basis.
- Updating of all payment undertaken for the project under the Donor guidance.
- Liaise with other units to ensure that the financial and administrative aspects are always taken into account when making technical and strategic decisions.
- Develop sustainable co-ordinate mechanism with CORE to ensure smooth financial operations and advise them on the Project financial procedures.
- Maintenance of the financial records management for the Project – maintaining files for all financial documents and correspondence, and for all transactions and reports, ensuring that copies of all vouchers for the financial transactions are filed orderly and have all required supporting documents attached, in order to support internal and external reviews and audits.
- Ensure timely payment to suppliers and vendors after approval is received and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Other reasonably related duties as may be assigned by the Project.
DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The consultant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of first degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Business management or related field.
- Strong management skills, particularly ability to provide strategic direction and accounting supervision to the implementation team.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant working experience in accounting management at preferably reputable organisation and MUST be registered accountant in Kenya with CPAK.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Good team player while being independent and able to work autonomously.
- Computer literacy and competence, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, QuickBooks and other recognized accounting systems.
- Proven ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent analytical skills and report writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to occasionally support the team players on other duties within the Project.